The DEADLINE for submitting articles to the collection of scientific papers
(issues – 14, 15, 16), is JANUARY 15, 2020.
Be so kind to pay attention to the new Requirements for the scientific articles which are published on the site of the scientific collection
REQUIREMENTS FOR PAPERS
“STUDIA LINGUISTICA” (ISSN 2411-1562)
Chair of General Linguistics, Classical Philology and Neohellenic Studies,
Institute of Philology,
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
The Journal invites papers (including articles, reviews, opinions, etc.) from scholars in the field of linguistics. Papers are acceptable for publication on condition they have never been published before; their topics are relevant to the “Studia Linguistica” research focus and the text is presented in a predetermined format. Papers must describe the current state of the investigated problem and comprise the new findings revealed in the course of research.
Theoretical approaches must be supported by the appropriate illustrations.
- Languages – Ukrainian, Russian, English, French, German, Romanian, Polish.
- Paper must consist of: 0,5 p. p. for an analytical article; 0,3 p. p. for an article; 0,25 p. p. for a review.
- Above the title on the left indicate the Universal Decimal Classification Index (UDC). Near the UDC – note section, whithin which the article might be placed:
Problems of general, comparative and historical, typological linguistics
Problems of classical philology and neohellenic studies
Problems of cognitive and cultural linguistics, ethnolinguistics
Problems of linguistic communication and discoursology
Problems of translation studies
Problems of applied and mathematical linguistics
- Title of the article is printed in the center in 1 space (font – Times New Roman 14, bold CAPITALS).
- Below (after 2 intervals) centered in bold italics Last Name, First Name of the author. Below 1 interval ordinary italics centered academic degree and academic title (PhD, assistant (associate) professor, postgraduate student, etc.). 1 interval below on the center place of work or study (institution name is written in full, without abbreviations; font – Times New Roman 14, ordinary italics). Below is the author’s e-mail.
- Instructions for preparation abstracts or summary: Three abstracts before the text of article sized from 150 to 200 words (1st – in original language, 2d – in Ukrainian, 3d – in English or one of the journal’s language – see p. 1) are to be found below followed by the key words (5 or 6) after each. The Second name of the author and his initials are placed before the abstracts, typed in bold (13 pt.). Institutional affiliation is on the next line in italics (13 pt.). The title is typed in bold (13 pt.) on abstract’s language. Abstracts and Key words must be typed in Times New Roman 13pt., ordinary italics in 1 space.
- Paper format: the text must be typed in Times New Roman 14 pt. in 1.5 space in regular font with no hyphens at the end of line. Margins – at the top and bottom – 2 cm; left – 2,5 cm; right – 1,5 cm. Paragraph indention – 1,25 cm. Any extra fonts used in the paper must be supplied separately, like characters and illustrations.
- Fragments of the paper containing illustrations must be typed in italics.
- Quotes and definitions are enclosed in quotation marks (“word”). A hyphen
(-) must be clearly distinguished from a dash (–), e.g.: “Language– is …”, but “lexico-grammatical meaning”.
- Topicality, aim, and objectives of the study must be placed in the introductory part of the paper, typed in a light font and underlined. A scientific paper must include final or intermediate results of the study. A paper submitted for publication must be completed and comprise the following mandatory elements: 1. Introduction (problem statement indicating its connection with the important scientific and practical objectives). Analysis of recent researches and publications cited by the author. 2. Identification of the study’s goal and objectives. 3. Presentation of the research supported by detailed illustration of the theses. 4. Conclusions and prospects of further investigation in the field. 5. Literature. 6. References illustrative material (if any).
- All citations are given in square brackets, e. g. [Brown 2004, p. 94]. Citation of a series of works of the same author or several authors is marked by a semicolon, e. g.: [Grice 2003, p. 37–56; Freeman 2000, p. 254]. If pages are indicated from … to …, these are separated by a dash (–), not a hyphen (–). Temporal segments are presented likewise: ХІІ–ХІІІ c.
The bibliography follows the text, including the list of reference sources. The word. “Literature” is typed after the text and centered. If necessary, List of Illustrative Material is included continuing the numbering from the previous list.
- Scientific sources are submitted after the text within the heading Literature (centered, in bold, Times New Roman 14), in alphabetical order. Bibliographic description should be done according to Chicago Style: Notes and Bibliography. The first source begins with step back in 1.25 cm. Font Times New Roman 12, one interval. Each position of the list of references is submitted beginning from a new line. First come editions in Russian and Ukrainian languages in alphabetical order, after – in foreign languages (also in alphabetical order). Works of one and the same author should be given in order of ascending years.
- Instructions for paper submission.
The editorial board accepts:
- information about the author on a separate sheet and in a separate file including: full first and second names, patronymic name, degree, rank, place of employment or training (postgraduates should indicate the year of training), position, phone numbers, home and e-mail addresses;
- review of the submitted paper by the scientific supervisor for a postgraduate.
All materials are submitted in a folder, indicating the date of their reception by the editorial board. The electronic copy of the article and information about the author are sent to: email@example.com
Papers submitted to the editorial board, including those not accepted for publication, will not be returned to the author.
- The cost of 12 page of publication – 27 euro, more than 2 pages – 2 euro per page. Payment is made after reviewing the article and checking it out for plagiarism.
Date of the acception by the Editorial Board 13.10.2019.