←2020. – Vol. 16
Oleksandr M. Strokal
Ph. D., Assistant Professor
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
The article analyzes the nature of linguistic explication of the ideas of Oleksii Dovhiy’s lyrical hero about the features of the universe and the organization of the universe. The author deals with such issues of general theoretical significance as the concept and linguistic worldview. During the research it was found out that Oleksii Dovhiy’s poetry combines the revelation of a son who prides himself on the glory of generations, paternal and grandfather’s moral principles, confession of a fighter for the Fatherland, a manuscript of the medium, to whom all the secrets of the universe are revealed. The language of his poetry reflects the representation of his lyric hero about the three-component world, which consists of the upper, middle and lower tiers. His lyric hero is aware of the HIGHER WORLD as a world of the divine, a world of eternal truths and laws, a world of angels and pure poetry. The main images that fill this world are the images of sun, sky, bird and wind. One of the central concepts that actualize the locus of the MIDDLE WORLD (or world of the earth) in Oleksii Dovhiy’s poetic universe is the image-concept of the LAND. This image is an expression of such lexical and semantic variants of the land tokens as ‘the native land (Ukraine)ʼ and ‘the upper layer of the earth’s crust; soil that is cultivated and used for growing plantsʼ. THE UNDERGROUND WORLD is updated by entering the words «field» and «shadow» in the text. As research has shown, the image of the road in Oleksii Dovhiy’s poetic space is one of the central ones, since, firstly, the verbalizers of this image often act as components that make up the macro-image of the MIDDLE WORLD, and secondly, the image is combined different time shades in the horizontal spatial plane of the author’s world plane. THE UNDERGROUND WORLD is represented in most cases by tokens that are associated with other spatial tiers. However, by entering into the text, such units as «shadow» and «field» acquire contextually predetermined semantic nuances that associatively associate with the lower tier.
Key words: cosmology, the Universe, linguistic worldview, Oleksii Dovhiy’s poetry.
1. Vezhbickaja, A. Ponimanie kul’tur cherez posredstvo kljuchevyh slov [=Understanding cultures through keywords] (Moskva, 2001), 288 (in Rus.).
2. Dovhyj, O. P. «Derevoryty.» Vybrani tvory v chotyr’oh tomah, v. 3 (Kyiv, Ukr. pys’mennyk, 2009), 536 (in Ukr.).
3. Dovhyj, O. P. «Dyhannja vichnosti. Vos’myvirshi [=The breath of eternity. Octopus].» Vybrani tvory v chotyr’oh tomah, v. 2 (Kyiv, Ukr. pys’mennyk, 2009), 388 (in Ukr.).
4. Dovhyj, O. P. «Dotorky blyskavky [=Lightning touches].» Vybrani tvory v chotyr’oh tomah, v. 1 (Kyiv, Ukr. pys’mennyk, 2009), 414 (in Ukr.).
5. Petrov, V. «Mifologema “Soncja” v ukrai’ns’kyh narodnyh viruvannjah ta vizantijs’ko-gelinistychnyj kul’turnyj cykl [=Mythologem of the “Sun” in Ukrainian folk beliefs and the Byzantine-Hellenistic cultural cycle].» Etnografichnyj visnyk 4–6 (Kyiv, 1927–1928): 88–119 (in Ukr.).
6. Shtern, I. B. Vybrani topiky ta leksykon suchasnoi’ lingvistyky. Encyklopedychnyj slovnyk [=Selected topics and lexicon of modern linguistics. Encyclopedic Dictionary] (Kyi’v, ArtEk,1998), 336 (in Ukr.).